Dr. Yongzhen Huang received his B.E. degree from Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST) in 2006, and his Ph.D. degree from Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CASIA) in 2011. Then he joined National Laboratory of Pattern Recognition (NLPR) as an Assistant Professor in July 2011, and became an Associated Professor since Nov. 2013. His research interests include computer vision, pattern recognition, machine learning, and computational visual cognition. He has published 1 book and more than 60 papers in international journals and conferences such as IEEE TPAMI, IJCV, IEEE TIP, IEEE TMSC-B, IEEE TCSVT, TMM, Neurocomputing, CVPR, ICCV, NIPS and AAAI. He has obtained several honors and awards, including the Excellent Doctoral Thesis of Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence (2012), the Best Student Paper of Chinese Conference on Computer Vision (2015), the Champion of PASCAL VOC Challenges on object detection (2010 and 2011), the Runner-up of PASCAL VOC Challenges on object classification (2011), and the Champion of Internet Contest for Cloud & Mobile Computing on Human Segmentation with 230,000RMB (2013), the Second Prize and the Prize of Highest Accuracy with Low Energy in LPIRC (Low-Power Image Recognition Challenge) (2015). Dr. Huang is currently a member of IEEE. He has served as Associate Editor of Neurocomputing, the web chair of AVSS2012, the publicity chair of CCPR2012, the program committee member of 6 conferences, and the peer reviewer of over 20 journals and conferences.
Computer vision, pattern recognition, machine learning, and computational visual cognition
Winner (23,0000RMB), Internet Contest for Cloud & Mobile Computing on Human Segmentation, 2013
Excellent Doctoral Thesis of Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence, 2012
Honorable mention, PASCAL VOC Challenges on Object Classification,2011
Honor of Pivot Merit Student of Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2011
The Second Prize of Beijing Patent Award, 2011
Bao-Steel Education Scholarships Fund, 2011
Winner, PASCAL VOC Challenges on Object Detection, 2011
Winner, PASCAL VOC Challenges on Object Detection, 2010
Chinese Excellent Patent Award, 2010
Associate editor, Neurocomputing, 2014.03 -, ISSN: 0925-2312
Member, IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers)
Member, IEEE Computer Society
Member, CCF (China Computer Federation)
Committee Member, CCF YOCSEF (CCF Young Computer Scientists & Engineers Forum)
1. Yongzhen Huang and Tieniu Tan, Feature coding for Image Representation and Recognition, Springer, invited book, 2014
1. Yongzhen Huang , Zifeng Wu, Liang Wang and Tieniu Tan. Feature Coding in Image Classification: A Comprehensive Study. IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI), 2014, 36(3), 493-506.
2. Yongzhen Huang , Kaiqi Huang, Dacheng Tao, Xuelong Li and Tieniu Tan. Enhanced Biologically Inspired Model for Object Recognition. IEEE Transaction on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part B (TSMC-B),2011, 41(6), 1668-1680.
3. Yongzhen Huang, Zifeng Wu, Liang Wang, and Chunfeng Song, Multiple Spatial Pooling for Visual Object Recognition, Neurocomputing (NEUCOM), 2014, 129, 225-231.
4. Feng Liu, Yongzhen Huang, Liang Wang, Wankou Yang, Changyin Sun, Spatial Modeling Via Feature Co-pooling and SG Grafting, Neurocomputing (NEUCOM), 2014, 139, 415-422.
5. Jingyu Liu, Yongzhen Huang, Liang Wang, Shu Wu, Hierarchical Feature Coding for Image Classification, Neurocomputing (NEUCOM), accepted, 2014.
1. Yongzhen Huang, Kaiqi Huang, Liangsheng Wang, Dacheng Tao, Tieniu Tan and Xuelong Li, Enhanced Biologically Inspired Model, IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2008.
2. Yongzhen Huang, Kaiqi Huang, Yinan Yu, Tieniu Tan, Salient Coding for Image Classification, IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, (CVPR), 2011.
3. Yongzhen Huang, Kaiqi Huang, Chong Wang, Tieniu Tan, Exploring Visual Words’ relation for Image Classification, IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2011.
4. Fang Zhao, Yongzhen Huang, Liang Wang, and Tieniu Tan, Relevance Topic Model for Unstructured Social Group Activity Recognition, Annual Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), 2013.
5. Chunfeng Song, Feng Liu, Yongzhen Huang, Liang Wang, and Tieniu Tan, Auto-encoder Based Data Clustering, 18th Iberoamerican Congress on Pattern Recognition, (CIAPR oral), 2013