Dr. Ran He received the BSc degree in Computer Science from Dalian University of Technology, the MSc degree in Computer Science from Dalian University of Technology, and PhD degree in Pattern Recognition and Intelligent Systems from the Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2001, 2004 and 2009, respectively. Since September 2010, Dr. He has joined NLPR where he is currently an Associate Professor. He is currently a member of IEEE and serves as an editor of Elsevier Neurocomputing (2011- ) and IET Image process (2012).
He has widely published at highly ranked international journals, such as IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI), IEEE Trans. on Image Processing (TIP), IEEE Trans. on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), IEEE Trans. on Neural Network and Learning System (TNNLS), and Neural Computation (NECO), and leading international conferences, such as AAAI, IJCAI, NIPS, SIGIR, CVPR and ICCV.
Computer vision, information theoretic learning, biometrics
The First Prize of the Thirteenth Beijing Youth Outstanding Scientific and Technological Papers, 2015
Second Prize of Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Innovation Award, 2015
ACM Beijing Rising Star Award, 2015
GUCAS Lu Jiaxi Young Talent Award, 2014
ACPR Best Poster Award. Y. Zhang, Z. Sun, R. He and T. Tan. Robust Low-Rank Representation via Correntropy, 2013
Second Prize of DaLian Best Paper Award of Science, 2010.
Member of Editorial Board, IET image processing (2012-)
Council Member, Beijing Society of Image and Graphics (2012-)
Member of Editorial Board, Neurocomputing ( 2011-)
1. Ran He, Yinghao Cai, Tieniu Tan and Larry S. Davis, “Learning Predictable Binary Codes for Face Indexing,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 48, No. 10, pp. 3160-3168, 2015.
2. Ran He, Man Zhang, Liang Wang, Ye Ji and Qiyue Yin, “Cross-Modal Subspace Learning via Pairwise Constraints,” IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, vol. 24, no.12, pp. 5543-5556, 2015.
3. Ran He, Yingya Zhang, Zhenan Sun and Qiyue Yin, “Robust Subspace Clustering with Complex Noise,” IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, vol. 24, no.11, pp. 4001-4013, 2015.
4. Ran He, Wei-Shi Zheng,Tieniu Tan, and Zhenan Sun. Half-quadratic based Iterative Minimization for Robust Sparse Representation. IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI), 2014, 36(2): 261-275.
5. Ran He, Tieniu Tan, and Liang Wang. Recovery of Corrupted Low-rank Matrix by Implicit Regularizers. Submitted to IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI), 2014, 36(4): 770-783.
6. Ran He, Wei-Shi Zheng, Bao-Gang Hu, and Xiang-Wei Kong. Two-stage Nonnegative Sparse Representation for Large-scale Face Recognition. IEEE Trans. on Neural Network and Learning System, 2013, 24(1):35 - 46.
7. Ran He, Xiaotong Yuan and Wei-Shi Zheng. A Fast Convex Conjugated Algorithm for Sparse Recovery. Neurocomputing, accepted, 2013.
8. Ran He, Tieniu Tan, Liang Wang and Wei-Shi Zheng. L21 Regularized Correntropy for Robust Feature Selection. In IEEE Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2012.
9. Ran He, Wei-Shi Zheng, Bao-Gang Hu, XiangWei Kong. A Regularized Correntropy Framework for Robust Pattern Recognition. MIT Neural Computation, 2011, 23(8):2074-2100.
10. Ran He, Zhenan Sun, Tieniu Tan, Wei-Shi Zheng. Recovery of Corrupted Low-Rank Matrices via Half-Quadratic based Nonconvex Minimization. In IEEE Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2011.
11. Ran He, Wei-Shi Zheng, Bao-Gang Hu, Xiang-Wei Kong. Nonnegative Sparse Coding for Discriminative Semi-supervised Learning. In IEEE Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2011.
12. Ran He, Wei-Shi Zheng, Bao-Gang Hu. Maximum Correntropy Criterion for Robust Face Recognition. IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI), 2011, 33(8):1561-1576.
13. Ran He, Bao-Gang Hu, Wei-Shi Zheng, XiangWei Kong. Robust Principal Component Analysis Based on Maximum Correntropy Criterion. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 2011, 20(6):1485-1494.
14. Ran He, Bao-Gang Hu, Wei-Shi Zheng, YanQing Guo. Two-stage Sparse Representation for Robust Recognition on Large-scale Database. In Twenty-Fourth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 2010.
15. Ran He, Bao-Gang Hu, XiaoTong Yuan, Wei-Shi Zheng. Principal Component Analysis Based on Nonparametric Maximum Entropy. Neurocomputing, 2010, 73:1840-1952. [code]
16. Ran He, YongJi Wang, Qing Wang, JinHui Zhou and ChenYong Hu. Improved particle swarm optimization based on self-adaptive escape velocity. Chinese Journal of Software, 2005:16(12),2036-2044.(Google citation: 222)